Sun, Jun 04|
Unbridled Way Farm
Wayfinding through Grief in the Company of Horses
In this highly experiential, small group retreat, you will enter into a psychologically safe environment, in the beauty of nature, and facilitated by licensed mental health professionals and horse professionals.
Time & Location
Jun 04, 2023, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Unbridled Way Farm, 4206 Bahama Rd, Rougemont, NC 27572, USA
About the Event
If you are feeling confused and isolated in your grief, you are not alone. Grief is a process with no particular timeline and includes a wide range of emotions and feelings. Grief can be triggered by a variety of losses – loss of a loved one due to death or separation, loss via moving, leaving your job or familiar role, loss of identity due to retirement or some other developmental change. The list is long.
We experience grief from many different losses in our lives, chosen or put upon us. And the way through grief is as unique and uncharted as the many ways we can experience loss. And we all do.
In this highly experiential, small group retreat, you will enter into a psychologically safe environment, in the beauty of nature, and facilitated by licensed mental health professionals and horse professionals to:
· Expand understanding of your own grief experience.
- Feel seen and heard through Story Circles – a structured listening and sharing exchange, led by Amanda Graham, LCMHC.
- Discover new perspectives and deepen understanding through guided writing prompts, Writing Through Grief, facilitated by Anne Marsland, LCSW.
- Experience the power of connecting with horses and the beauty of nature to integrate your thoughts and feelings.
- Rest in mindful presence through guided instruction and quiet reflection with the herd.
- Learn facts about grief and dispel some common myths.
- Come away from the day feeling more aware and attuned with your grief story.
Join us for a day to reconnect with yourself, find your way through, and feel lighter and energized.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Space is limited to 10 people.
- Ticket type
Wayfinding through GriefPrice$295.00