Sun, Sep 24|
Unbridled Way Farm
Wayfinding through Grief in the Company of Horses
In this highly experiential, small group retreat, you will enter into a psychologically safe environment, in the beauty of nature, to begin the healing of a broken heart. Facilitated by a mental health professional, an equine professional, an artist, and our herd of horses.
Time & Location
Sep 24, 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Unbridled Way Farm, 4206 Bahama Rd, Rougemont, NC 27572, USA
About the Event
If you are feeling confused and isolated in your grief, you are not alone. Grief is a process with no particular timeline and includes a wide range of thoughts, emotions, and behaviors. Grief can be triggered by a variety of losses – loss of a loved one due to death or separation, loss of your job or familiar role, loss of a pet, loss of identity due to retirement or some other developmental change, loss of purpose. The list is long.
And the way through grief is as unique and uncharted as the many ways we can experience loss. And we all do.
In this highly experiential, small group retreat, you will enter into a psychologically safe environment, in the beauty of nature, to begin the healing of a broken heart. Facilitated by a mental health professional, an equine professional, an artist, and our herd of horses, you will:
- Rest in mindful presence through guided instruction, quiet reflection, and journaling with the herd.
- Experience the power of connecting with horses and nature to integrate your thoughts and feelings.
- Engage in artful expression and creation, guided by artist and Registered Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapist, Pat Kosdan.
- Feel seen and heard through Story Circles – a structured listening and sharing exchange, led by Amanda Graham, LCMHC.
- Explore new perspectives and deepen understanding through guided writing prompts.
- Come away from the day feeling more tenderness for yourself and the losses you have endured and more clarity about the next steps of your grief journey.
Join us for a day to reconnect with yourself and others and discover your way forward.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Space is limited to 10 people.
Wayfinding through Grief